Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ssd failing

Best Answer jds63 , 25 June 2015 - 01:33 PM

Been 10 days since putting a different SSD on Port 1, the port i may have suspected to be bad or being the other SSD. So far other SSD has not disappeared yet. Give it more time since in past somet... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Talked to Gigabyte support on this issue, thoughts too would be to try another SSD on this port if this HDD does not react to issue or being SSD not failing on other port. Same thoughts of possibility of an HDD not being as sensitive to loss of connection or signal. Been over a week since swap, tried using the SSD a lot, works fine and the HDD.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Had not happened in over a week with HDD on Port 1. I put another SSD on port 1 to see if it will react to issue i have had. This will only say was the it's the port if it disappears. Other thoughts from people were stating maybe drivers, controller drivers, but as i learned BIOS does not need a driver to recognize a device, so saying if the drive disappears from the BIOS as what was happening it's not due to that, as the other SSD (OS) had no issues on another port with the said drivers. All intel drivers, chipset and controller.

Edited by jds63, 19 June 2015 - 03:38 PM.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
✓  Best Answer

Been 10 days since putting a different SSD on Port 1, the port i may have suspected to be bad or being the other SSD. So far other SSD has not disappeared yet. Give it more time since in past sometimes went on for about 2 weeks before happening again.

Edited by jds63, 25 June 2015 - 01:34 PM.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Been just day over 2 weeks since i put another SSD on suspected port 1, no issues have happened. Feel need to then RMA other SSD. Give it a bit more time as say this post is solved.