Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

canon mx870 printer problem

• Please log in to reply

dawn1012

dawn1012

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

I'm stuck...I have a canon mx870 printer that I cannot get to print.  I have run a test page and alignment page and they turn out fine, but when I try to copy or print a document it acts, and sounds like it is printing, but the page comes out blank.  Anyone know what my problem could be.  I'm not very computer savvy.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dawn1

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

First step is to ensure that you have well installed the latest driver for the printer, downloaded from the Canon Support website.

Secondly, right-click the printer's entry in the Printers applet, and select Properties. Go to the Maintenance tab and execute all the tests and maintenance functions, starting with Nozzle Check.

If this doesn't resolve your problem, the printer has a hardware problem. As it is new, use its warranty and demand repairs. If you have any problems with the shop you bought it from, contact Canon Support via their website.