Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2nd monitor abruptly won't turn on

• Please log in to reply

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

So yesterday everything was fine, my 2nd monitor turns on when I hit the power button, etc etc.  Today however, when I power up my PC the 2nd monitor won't turn on.  Once I log in, I check my screen resolution setting, and Windows recognizes there's a 2nd monitor hooked up.  I'm even using Actual Multiple Monitors as well (and I have it set to give each monitor a separate taskbar) and when I drag a window over to the other side it pops off my main monitor's taskbar (thus it's on the other ones).  What's going on here?  >.<

EDIT:  Aaaaand now it decides to turn on.  I've got a feeling it might be starting to go?

Edited by GhostLoad, 22 May 2015 - 04:30 PM.

Advertisements

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

I've checked all the cables to make sure they're fully seated btw, and still nothing.