Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Failure on installing win7

• Please log in to reply

venom00

venom00

• Pip
  • 2 posts

(all partitions have been deleted and formatted) I have this problem while installing win7 on my laptop. when installation process began to 7% an dialog box came up saying that:

"\windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windoes-notepadwin_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_42a023025c60a33a is corrupted and can not be read, run Chkdsk."

after clicking ok, another dialog box came up saying D:\$Mft is corrupted and cant be read. run Chkdsk tool. 

how can this be fixed?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Bad copy, or a dirty/scratched DVD?

Dirty lens on the DVD drive?

Bad/flaky RAM?

venom00

venom00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Bad copy, or a dirty/scratched DVD?

Dirty lens on the DVD drive?

Bad/flaky RAM?

well, i used new dvds(win7 and 8.1 two cds) for the installation, all are from microsoft iso. hot and fresh. and also made an usb installation flash drive.

i dont know how to diagnose the hardware, is there any tool that can do that at booting time?since i dont have a os installed

Edited by venom00, 24 May 2015 - 03:57 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.

7 Free Hard Drive Testing Programs
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics

Also, delete all partitions again and do nothing else, just click Next and let the installer create any partitions it needs. This always works best for me.