Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Locker v1.39

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Kuldaniss

Kuldaniss

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey, I noticed a lot of people already created threads with this but I was not sure if I should just post in their thread or create a new one. I have the same problem, I noticed that the "version" is different but I don't think that matters. I have 2 PCs, somehow both have been infected with this. One of them is my brothers', he ran some anti-malware software, the Locker is gone but the files are still encrypted. 

Most of the files that have been encrypted are pictures and docs, some of them that I would hate losing. I haven't run any anti-malware software yet, not sure if that is the right thing to do in this situation. 

Help? Please? I tried recovering my pictures with RStudio but didn't manage to, I select the files, press Recover but still the encrypted ones show up

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Duplicate