Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infected by Locker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Kuldaniss

Kuldaniss

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Like most of the posts here, I have also been infected by Locker. It says v1.39 on mine, but I have this on 2 PCs and the " versions" differ. I

On one of them my brother ran some anti-malware software and removed the virus, but the files are still encrypted.  I haven't run anything on mine yet because I wasn't sure that was the right thing to do, but I would really hate it if I lost some of my files that have been encrypted. Is there a solution to this other than paying? If not, I guess I would have to settle with losing a lot of pictures and documents

Please help 

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Your best option is to stay at Bleeping Computer. Experts are examining this Ransomware. I am therefore, closing this topic.