Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

forwarding emails to delete account

• Please log in to reply

jr chambers

jr chambers

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

OK,  i don't know how this will work so i'm asking...i want to switch internet provider. i have had the email acocunt with them a very long time(verizon dsl) and i want to use cable fiber that is offered now. so if i close the verizon account(even though i forward my emails) will i continue to get the emails from the address i have/had with verizon? if the account closes and i lose all email coming from that account, what are my options??? thank you

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP

once the account closes, they'll likely disable the email all together. the most complete method of fixing this would be to go to the places that are sending you important emails, and give them your new address with the cable provider.

you may contact Verizon DSL support and see if they have a permanent/semiperminant forwarding policy that they can apply for you