Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Internet Slow on One Computer Only

• Please log in to reply

destinybond

destinybond

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Chrisg34,

Thanks for your suggestion, but it did not fix the issue. Since my original posting, I've upgraded to Windows 10. The issue still remains. I've pruchased a Netgear Powerline adapter to use, which gives me a wired connection. I would still like to be able to solved the wireless issue if possible. I have determined it's an issue on my home network only as when I connect to my work network or my phone's network the speed is consistent with what I would expect given download/upload speed test results.

Advertisements

justinlovescheese

justinlovescheese

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, I am having the same issue with the same laptop: an ASUS GL551JW that I purchased yesterday. It happens at work and at home. If you resolved this issue, can you let me know how? Thankyou very much.

EDIT: I just disabled and re-enabled my network card in the device manager and got past 0.9 Mbps for the first time since I bought this laptop! (I have tried everything above and upgraded to windows 10 to no avail). Now I am rocking 4Mbps! Which is good for where I live, sadly.

Edited by justinlovescheese, 26 August 2015 - 09:33 AM.