Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New environment, Access 2010 compact and repair of any .accdb file sud

Best Answer garey.carpenter , 30 May 2015 - 09:23 AM

You can use Recovery Toolbox for Access is used for recovering data from corrupted database files in the Microsoft Access *.mdb, *.accdb format.  For more: https://recoverytool...air... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

peterros

peterros

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

I've been migrated a few days ago from one version of Citrix/Terminal servers on Windows Server 2003/Access 2007 to a newer version of Citrix/Terminal servers on Windows Server 2008 R2/Access 2010. The file system remained the same, i.e. I find my files at the same place as before on the same remote drives with the same names. I have about 20 Access front-ends which I develop and maintain.

At the beginning, I had no problems, but now I'm getting more and more often errors when I want to compact/repair my apps. I have certainly compacted/repaired them thousands of time under Access 2007 (I always do after every change I make), but now I get the ominous "Could not use <.accdb file name>; file already in use" when I try to compact/repair ! Which is ludicrous, because of course the file is in use, it's being repaired by you Access, man !

Worse, if I try to compact/repair again, I again get an error message telling me that the app could not be replaced, and the (compacted) app is being renamed to "Database.mdb", so I have to open it in "shift mode", and save it as .accdb / 2007 format. This is driving me nuts. I've started to NOT compact/repair for fear of the whole procedure.

Any idea what could cause this problem ?

Thanks for help.

Advertisements

garey.carpenter

garey.carpenter

• Pip
  • 2 posts
✓  Best Answer

You can use Recovery Toolbox for Access is used for recovering data from corrupted database files in the Microsoft Access *.mdb, *.accdb format. 

For more: https://recoverytool...air_access.html