Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen crashes

• Please log in to reply

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Occasional blue screen crashing, very slow start-up and shutdown - sluggish webpage loading .....

Have done malware and other scans but cannot find anything .... followed maintenance and security points - nothing found 

Am totally baffled, any assistance would be gratefully accepted

Thank you

Ricky

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello Ricky,

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

:wave:

Thank you so much for your aid, I hope it'll work out, it gets me so frustrated you know :)
also my keyboards arrow keys and enter has no effect when starting computer after restart with the options (ie - normal start or other commands shown on the black screen)

speccy URL - http://speccy.pirifo...z08K1ElgyjAU0jC

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
also my keyboards arrow keys and enter has no effect when starting computer after restart with the options (ie - normal start or other commands shown on the black screen)

Do you have or can you borrow a PS/2 type keyboard as there appears to be a problem with the USB type that you are using, one possibility is that the USB legacy support has been disabled in the BIOS, you cannot change this without a wired PS/2 keyboard.

See if there are any crash dumps for us;

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.

2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

Additionally;

Did you knowingly install ReimageUpdater, regardless you should uninstall it as at best it is junk.

The following scheduled updates should be disabled as it is far better for you to check for and install important updates when it is convenient for you.

Scheduler
31/05/2015 2:03 PM;: 
Adobe Flash Player Updater
31/05/2015 2:30 PM;: 
GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA
1/06/2015 4:30 AM;: GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore
1/06/2015 10:00 AM;: 
Google Update

CCleanerSkipUAC

Go to RoboForm Install page

Open URL by RoboForm

Run RoboForm TaskBar Icon

RunAsStdUser Task for VeohWebPlayer

SidebarExecute

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Yes, I can get a PS/2 type keyboard :yes:

I don't recall installing ReimageUpdater, however, it is now deleted

No, there are no crash dumps available - folder is empty

Adobe Flash Player Updater - disabled

GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA - disabled

GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore - disabled

Google Update - disabled

CCleanerSkipUAC - disabled

RunAsStdUser Task for VeohWebPlayer - disabled

SidebarExecute - disabled .....

Ricky

Edited by Ricky_22, 31 May 2015 - 05:50 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Thanks for the update  :thumbsup:

Try the PS/2 type keyboard to see if this allows you to navigate the BIOS, if it does, look for a setting called "Legacy USB Support" if you locate it make sure that it is enabled.

I don't recall installing ReimageUpdater

This may need to be checked by the malware experts.

Make sure that crash dumps are enabled on your computer, how to below;

To configure your system to write out crash dumps in case of a system error, take the following steps: 
Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Startup and Recovery, click Settings (or Startup and Recovery). For best results, under write debugging information select full memory dump

​Scheduled update information acknowledged  :thumbsup:

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Everything has been done as you prescribed - thanks .... the PS/2 keyboard will be available for me at the week-end when I will follow that up,

This may need to be checked by the malware experts.

please advise.

Is there anything else I should do? would you need another speccy? or ????

Ricky

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Steps that I would suggest;

1: See if the computer crashes, if it does, upload any dump files for us so that we can take a look at them.

2: Wait on the availability of the PS/2 type keyboard.

3: See how we get on with the above before doing anything else.

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

1: See if the computer crashes, if it does, upload any dump files for us so that we can take a look at them.

Okay ..... thanks so much for your time, the comps actually behaving much better and hasn't crashed since deleting those updaters ..... life is that much easier :yeah:  :laughing:

Ricky

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Attached Files

Edited by Ricky_22, 03 June 2015 - 10:35 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not sure what the shortcut is for I`m afraid  :(

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)  

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Not sure what the shortcut is for I`m afraid  :(

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)  

That was my minidump file .... my computer just recently 'bluescreen' crashed, and that file was in the 'windows/minidump' ....... which I sent to desktop, then to zipped folder ... and then attached it to my post ... I couldn't open the file .... it apparently needed some program to open it, far beyond my understanding :smashcomp:  :headhurt:

Ricky

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Crossed wires Ricky, I was aware of what the zip was intended for but you have uploaded a shortcut to an empty file, please try again;

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.

2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Crossed wires Ricky, I was aware of what the zip was intended for but you have uploaded a shortcut to an empty file, please try again;

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.

Sorry .... just hope this one works .............. copied then pasted onto desktop .... sent to New Compressed (zipped) Folder

attached ....... yikes! fingers crossed lolz

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Got it thanks  :thumbsup:

From your crash dump FAULTING_IP: Rtlh86+b11e not being sure what this was I used Google and got the results here I did mention earlier that you may need the help of the malware removal experts and the above does seem to suggest that you do, with this in mind if only as a precaution can I ask you to refer to the GTG malware redirection text below;

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Good luck and as above please come back here if the problem persists after being given the all clear by the malware staff.