Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mobo upgrade, uninstalled C++ redistributable, won't boot

• Please log in to reply

JohnnyRelentless

JohnnyRelentless

• Pip
  • 1 posts
After installing Gigabyte H61M-S2PV mobo, can't boot into Windows. It was working fine until I uninstalled C++ Redistributable 2010. I did that because Autodesk said it was interfering with my attempts to download their product. Now it hangs up at the BIOS splash page, but won't go into the BIOS. Trying to boot from the install or the repair disk doesn't help. I think the optical drive, mouse and keyboard might be disabled, but I'm not sure. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Edited by JohnnyRelentless, 29 May 2015 - 02:54 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:  JohnnyRelentless,

Try removing the MBs CMOS battery and pressing the power on button for 20 to 30 seconds to get rid of any residual charge left in the capacitors etc, full steps provided in attachment below;

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page.