Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My first build

• Please log in to reply

Duane037

Duane037

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am on the verge of ordering parts for my first build. I am getting a seagate barracuda 1TB, Lian Li PC-A61B med case, intel i5 haswell quad core3.2 ghz processor, Asus H87M-E 1150 Intel H87 HDMI SATA 6GBs usb 3.0 uATX Intel Motherboard, Hyper X 8 GB 240 pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) memory. The processor. motherboard, and memory is a bundle package. Will this work and what power supply do I need? I am not a serious gamer but son does. Is this adiquate? Windows7 is OS.

Edited by Duane037, 31 May 2015 - 03:53 PM.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:welcome: Duane037

Be happy to sort a PSU, but we need to clarify the CPU.   The number 4600 refers to the integrated HD graphics and not the CPU itself.   If this is for a gaming computer, the sweet spot is the i5 4670K, this would of course depend on your Budget???

Here is a list of your parts, let us know what you think, then we can add a PSU and any other parts you need.

What OS are you going to use?

Are you in the USA?

Parts list, > http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qsC9YJ