Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 8 reports missing dll file

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dhart15

dhart15

• Pip
  • 1 posts

After running a malware search & remove app (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware), my WIN8 Gateway latop reports "bstack.dll" is missing each time I boot up the computer.  Apparently Mbam thought the file was some form of malware and removed it when I cleared the virus vault.  How can I get the bstack.dll file back (or remove whatever looks for and/or needs it?  The computer works fine...it's just that this boot-up message is annoying.  Advice would be appreciated...thanks!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

btstack.exe – What is it ?

info.png
btstack.exe is a dangerous exe file. Part of W32/Sdbot-DGV worm and IRC backdoor.

See here: http://www.support-f...how-to-fix.html

It's being removed is good but it sounds like remnants are left over.

Go to the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum, read the first post and follow instructions.

Come back here once you get a clean bill of health if you still have problems.

Williemorris

Williemorris

• Pip
  • 1 posts

If some of the important dll files of your laptop is missing, you may download one from the web. There are many special sources with all the dll files available for downloading. Check out this one - http://fix4dll.com  .

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

No response means you are no longer interested in pursuing this problem or you have fixed it.

AlicePhoebe

AlicePhoebe

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Try to run a clean boot and check if any third-party software is causing this issue.

Or Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan. Follow these steps:
Boot to the desktop view.
Open command prompt, right click in the left corner when the Start window appear and select command prompt (admin).
Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.