Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Odd behavior after using CCleaner

• Please log in to reply

declan565

declan565

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey 

(Background)

I decided to run a clean for the first time in a while. It analysed and I hit fix or run or whatever. The fist thing was to remove Temporary Internet explorer files.

Upon starting it just sat at 0% and after a while the program started not responding. So I restarted my Computer and assumed all was good. But then after the restart I started noticing weird behavior, for example Internet explorer not opening, Chrome (My default) having lost all my passwords/ Windows 8.1 start screen tiles missing all their icons and many other weird things. I tried a restore to a few days earlier and this hasn't fixed the issue. I tried booting in safe mode and things like the star screen tiles appear. 

(Current Issue)

I've tried removing Malware (Malwarebytes & Trend Micro security) and It seems to have helped. I'd say half fixed the problem. But my current issue is with Google chrome not remembering passwords so every time I restart my computer it wants me to sign back into Google And also Adobe Lightroom not recognizing my GPU? Also other strange behavior such as dropbox not opening and Adobe products not searching for new updates.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks 

Advertisements