Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

website problem

• Please log in to reply

JEISEN

JEISEN

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this-if not please move.

There is a website I've been going to for the past year to watch T.V. shows on. On my XP machine (using Mozilla FF). A few days ago I got a message saying the website was hacked or hijacked (I forget the original term). There was a box that basically said "get me out of here." So I closed it out. Then I noticed in my favorites list-the websites icon has been replaced with a red box with a white circle and a red line through it. Reminds me of a do not enter sign. I Googled and found no useable info on this. Is it legitimate or maybe a scare tactic? Has it happened to anyone else on any other sites? Thanks.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts

That's called the favicon. Nothing to worry about, it can't affect your system.

JEISEN

JEISEN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Thanks! I should have made a screen shot. I never did find an image of it either. I cut the cable chord a year ago and this is the first thing like that I encountered. So should I find another site to watch T.V. on?