I am somewhat computer literate. I attempted to follow the directions on the malware clean up. I know that I am operating on Windows 7 Pro, and it is 32-bit. However, I am not able to download anything. This is the reason I sought out help and stumbled upon this forum/site. When I hit the download button, nothing happens. Nothing at all. I am not even able to save anything. Nothing pops up and says that there is a problem. I see at the bottom of the screen it says it is attempting to download, yet nothing happens. I attempted to download AVG, and again I can not download anything. I do not know what to do.
Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:51 PM
My name is Bruce1270 and I will be helping you with your malware problem.
Please Note: I am still in training and my fixes have to be approved by my instructor so there may be a slight delay in my replies. Look upon it as a good thing though in that you have two people looking at your problem.
A few things before we get started.
- Please read all instructions carefully. If there is anything you do not understand please ask me first before doing anything.
- Please be patient. I am a volunteer who does this in my spare time so I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Please follow all instructions in the order given.
- Please do not install any other software unless advised. This may hinder the removal process.
- At the top of your post, please click on the "Follow this topic" button and make sure that the "Received notification" box is checked and set to "Instantly" This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to solve your problem faster.
- Please make sure you reply within 4 days to my responses, if there is no reply within 4 days, the topic will be closed and you will need to request the topic be reopened.
Please save or print off these instructions. Part of this fix may require you to be in safe mode where you will not be able to access the internet or my instructions!
I would strongly recommend you back up your personal data and folders before we begin.
Malware removal can be very long, complicated and may take multiple steps. I understand this may be frustrating but please stay with this topic until your machine is declared clean. The results will hopefully be very rewarding.
As we go along please tell me how the computer is running now. Please be as descriptive as possible e.g. I'm still getting web redirects, I am unable to access the internet etc.
OK. Let's move on.
Do you have access to another computer and a USB flash drive? If so, give this a try.
On a clean computer download MCShield to your desktop and install
It will initially run a scan and show the result as a toaster by the system clock
Then in the control centre select scanner and tick unhide items on flash drives
Plug in the drive and McShield will start a scan
Select logs and then copy/paste it to your next post.
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your flash drive.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Disconnect the flash drive and connect it to the infected computer
- Browse to the flash drive and copy and paste FRST64.exe to your desktop.
- Right click on FRST64.exe on the desktop and select run as administrator (if you don't have this option just double click the file to run it). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from (this should be your desktop).
- Please copy (CTRL + C) and paste (CTRL + V) the FRST.txt log back here.
- The first time the tool is run it generates another log Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe.
- Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
Note: Please do not attach any logs unless specifically requested. It's easier if you simply copy and paste them into your reply. It's OK if you have to use more than one post to do so.
Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:36 AM
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: malware removal, download, virus, spyware, frst, unable to download, unable to save anything
How-To Guides and Tutorials →
Can't Run Any Antivirus or Malware Removal Programs →
Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal →
Smartphones and Tablets →
Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal →
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users