Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen is too big

• Please log in to reply

thailen

thailen

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit OS and I have an HDMI cable from the PC to my HDTV. I use Firefox for my browser. Recently, the TV screen is too big on all 4 sides, so I can't scroll easily and can't click on stuff at the top or on the other 3 sides. Just on a hunch I tried Chrome and the problem disappeared. How can I shrink the screen to get the entire picture on Firefox? I tried Options on Firefox but nothing seemed to address the problem.

Advertisements

thailen

thailen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Well, I played with the various resolutions and got the top and bottom to fit - I can always click on the bottom to bring up that bar - but can't get the left and right sides to fit, regardless of which  set of resolutions I use...

thailen

thailen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Never mind. Apparently, it took a few screens to work, but I got shrinkage in the left and right sides now, so thanks!