Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wifi for older homes

wifi problems better signal strength older home

• Please log in to reply

Koraven

Koraven

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm new here, but concider myself well informed on most problems when in comes to tech problems. The problem im having is...I have comcast and have liked them so far, speed is great, reliablity is getting better for my area. Here is the question, I live in an older home, with plaster walls, "concrete and chicken wire" and I have low signal streagth for the wifi in certain parts of the house. What are some ideas for a better wifi or router in my home, that will give me better signal streagth. I'm using the router comcast gave me and I do have another router, it's a netgear N600 duel router.

Thanks.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Place your router in a more central location in your home. Also look into this option.

http://www.ccrane.co...Hz-WiFi-Antenna

Koraven

Koraven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for your help, I will look in the antenna. I already have the router centrally located. I was more curious about, if anyone has or has had the same problem that I have and if they used a better wifi router, rather than the one comcast gives out, and if so, what router did they purchuse, and what was the price.