Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kensington Webcam driver for XP

• Please log in to reply

Nathan_Benton

Nathan_Benton

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
I bought a webcam the other day from a friend and can't find a driver for it. It's the model #67014 and a picture of it can be found here http://www.kieskeuri...9A9003312BC.jpg

Can anyone help me find a driver, I bought this for him and have really been needing a webcam!

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

You may be out of luck.. should have researched before you bought !!

Supported Operating Systems :

>> Kensington VideoCAMs are only supported under Windows 98 and Me. They are not supported under Windows 95, NT, 2000, or XP.

>> Due to a changing market, Kensington has made a very difficult business decision. As of 2001, Kensington exited the Imaging business in order to focus on other products.

>> As a result of this, Kensington no longer develops drivers for the #67014 Kensington VideoCAM, #67015 Kensington VideoCAM VGA, or the #67016 Kensington VideoCAM Super VGA. Thus, VideoCAM drivers for Windows XP or 2000 operating systems have never been developed, nor will be supported by Kensington.

Murray

Nathan_Benton

Nathan_Benton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Dang it! Is there anywhere where someone may have found drivers you can mix or something to make it useable?

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
http://www.driverzon...on&masterid=361
That is a funny [bleep] thing about your camera lol.
There is however one person online that said he got the camera to work with some type of generic 3rd party driver that was originally for 98 but was compatible with xp, but he said if you updated the firmware it would not work. So after reading all of this I advise you to sell it on ebay for what its worth just don't tell anyone that there are no drivers for it lol. :tazz:

Nathan_Benton

Nathan_Benton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
darn, well maybe I'll get enough money to buy one that will work with it, thanks guys.