Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me upgrade my graphics card and power (Resolved)

Best Answer quin8484 , 12 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

Sorry for the long delay guys. This weekend I did get a chance to open the box and install the card. I did your suggested step by step advice on the DDU program.The only minor problems (if they wer... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:spoton: :thumbsup:  :rockon:

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:spoton: :thumbsup:  :rockon:

Ditto from me  :yes:

:wave: Phillpower2, Thanks for the input.   Must be nearly time for a garden beer before Sunday lunch. 

Apologies iammykyl, missed that, never drink on a Sunday but did this week due to the heat here and having worked very hard, and all day  :whistling:

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:rofl:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:rofl: 

:beer:  :cheers:

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Been a while since we heard from you.   How did the upgrade go? need any more help?   An update would be appreciated.

Thanks.

quin8484

quin8484

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Hello. I have received the graphics card, but I have not had the time to open the box and install the hardware. I will get back when I do. Thanks

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks  :thumbsup:

quin8484

quin8484

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
✓  Best Answer

Sorry for the long delay guys. This weekend I did get a chance to open the box and install the card. I did your suggested step by step advice on the DDU program.

The only minor problems (if they were real problems) was something about Microsoft .net framework already on and it wouldn't install something off CD and I couldn't stop the new hardware found icon at the bottom from detecting the new hardware it ran so fast.

In all the card fit cleanly into the slot all drivers are updated and it is working great. My previous fan was so loud and I am not used to this quite noise, I thought my PC was off.

I am using the old power supply for now. I will get the new power supply down the road following your recommendation of the evga one. Thanks again for the tremendous support!

Attached Thumbnails

• installed2.jpg
  • installed.jpg

Edited by quin8484, 12 July 2015 - 12:38 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Glad to hear that you are happy with the new card  :thumbsup:

NB: Don't be tempted to keep using the Bestec PSU, they can appear to be working ok but will actually not be putting out enough power.