Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to start correctly (0Xc000007b) Error message

(0Xc000007b)

• Please log in to reply

LewisBanks

LewisBanks

• Pip
  • 3 posts

When trying to run certain programs on my computer such as Origin and Spriter I get the message "Unable to start correctly (0Xc000007b)"  

I am using Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 graphics card and have up to date drivers any help would be appreciated thanks for reading  

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello LewisBanks... and :welcome:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble running your application.  Try some of the solutions offered in this thread HERE.
There are at least three (3) solutions that helped various people out in the same situation.

Good luck!

LewisBanks

LewisBanks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello LewisBanks... and :welcome:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble running your application.  Try some of the solutions offered in this thread HERE.
There are at least three (3) solutions that helped various people out in the same situation.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply I sorry i took a while to respond i have checked everything on the thread except installing a new windows is there any other ways you can think of that may solve the problem?

Edited by LewisBanks, 19 June 2015 - 12:25 PM.

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Some questions to help us begin troubleshooting:

1)  Did it ever work properly?

2)  If so, did anything change between the time it worked and when the problem started?  (updated drivers, hardware/software installation, etc?)

3)  Brand/Model of the PC, plz?

4)  What OS are you running?  32 bit?  64-bit? 

5)  Did you download the 32bit or 64bit version of those programs/applications?

LewisBanks

LewisBanks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Some questions to help us begin troubleshooting:

1)  Did it ever work properly?

2)  If so, did anything change between the time it worked and when the problem started?  (updated drivers, hardware/software installation, etc?)

3)  Brand/Model of the PC, plz?

4)  What OS are you running?  32 bit?  64-bit? 

5)  Did you download the 32bit or 64bit version of those programs/applications?

1 yes I have used the programs on my pc before and they used to work.

2 I had a virus that didn't allow me to access my pc as I would be stuck on a black screen so i sent it to be repaired and it came back fine It was a while before i installed the programs that now dont work so im not sure if t hat was the problem (they refreshed my pc) 

3 I had the pc custom made so there isnt a single brand (I think)

4 I am running Windows 8.1 64bit

5 They are all 64 bit versions.

Thanks for the help sorry if that wasn't useful i don't know to much about computers just tell me if i replied wrong to anything once again thanks for the help.