Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook express restore single folder

• Please log in to reply

jackfl209

jackfl209

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A user deleted a folder, had to be recovered using an "unerase" type utility. 
I have the recovered dbx file. But now Outlook Express is very  uncooperative in letting me import this single folder. Or add it back to the mailstore and have it seen and included by Folders.dbx presumably. What's the trick? 
When I try to import it, and point to the folder where the dbx file is,  it reports no messages found.
Something  else with adding it to Folders.dbx somehow?
This certainly "should" be easier. 
Anyone else jumped through this set of hoops before?
Thanks

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,

If the dbx file isn't corrupted this should work...

- start Outlook Express

- create a new folder called TEMP for example

- switch to the TEMP folder to make sure a new temp.dbx file is created

- close Outlook Express

- open the folder containing the *.dbx files

- rename the file temp.dbx to temp.dbx.old

- copy the recovered dbx file to the folder containing all the *.dbx and rename it as temp.dbx

- start Outlook Express, the TEMP folder should have now the recovered e-mails

williamgriif

williamgriif

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Also: The user of the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool can recover mail messages from *.dbx files in the batch mode. If you recover messages in the Batch mode, messages are extracted from *.dbx files one by one and immediately saved to the hard drive. Batch message recovery can be used to recover correspondence from a large number of corrupted *.dbx files simultaneously. The Batch Mode will allows you to considerably save time and effort spent on organizing the process of recovering messages from corrupted *.dbx files.

For more: https://recoverytool...ress_batch.html

AidaJolley

AidaJolley

• Pip
  • 2 posts

It is a clear alarm your DBX file has got corrupt and you need to repair it but Microsoft has stopped providing support for window XP and Outlook Express both. Few days ago my Outlook Express file also got corrupt and I need a quick and instant solution to repair my DBX file. On discussing my issue with experts I was suggested to opt for Stellar Phoenix Outlook Express Repair tool. I used this tool and would suggest same software for you to resolve your problem.