Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer keeps beeping twice (Solved)

Best Answer Denta , 17 June 2015 - 12:48 AM

Hey Fusionbomb, thank you for your response  The issue is actually resolved now. Just posting my solution in case anyone finds this through a search: I found out that the charger was overheate... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Denta

Denta

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey guys. Randomly found this site through a google search, so I hope you can help me out.

Anyway. My about 6 months old laptop has begun beeping twice at intervals after it has been on for a while. It's pretty much only being used by my girlfriend to watch Netflix these days, so it is not getting stressed by my gaming habit.

I have theorized that it may be because I have been using my girlfriends' old laptops' charger for it, but the amps are the same, and the voltage range is at the same minimum. Don't know if that's important, just felt like throwing that out there in case it might be some hardware failure.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello Denta... and :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear about the beeping issue from the laptop.  Please answer a few questions to help us begin troubleshooting the issue:

1)  I assume it did not always do this.  How long has the issue been going on?

2)  Did anything change between the time it worked and when you first noticed the problem?  (updated drivers, hardware/software installation, etc?)

3)  What is the brand/model of the notebook?

4)  Is it only the length of time the machine has been on before the beeps start?  Or is there something you do once it boots up that triggers the beeps?

Denta

Denta

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hey Fusionbomb, thank you for your response :)

The issue is actually resolved now.
Just posting my solution in case anyone finds this through a search: I found out that the charger was overheated, so I found another charger in the same volts/amps range as the original charger for the laptop. It is now no longer beeping and driving me mad.

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.  Thanks for updating us!  :spoton: