Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fix corrupt powerpoint file

powerpoint

• Please log in to reply

JeffryCarp

JeffryCarp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Powerpoint pptx presentation which reports and error when I attempt to open it. The system may have been turned off in the middle of a PowerPoint session
What is good software for PowerPoint file recovery?

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
The OfficeRecovery.com website have a bad rating on Web of Trust, so I would be careful about what you upload/download on this website.

emma02

emma02

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi,

Before purchasing any software I would recommend you to try the built in repair option of MS PowerPoint as it tends to repair the file first and later opens it.If you are still not able to fix the issues in your PowerPoint file, you can try out the above mentioned troubleshooting steps:

There are different methods to fix the corrupt PowerPoint file:

Method 1: Insert slides from corrupt PowerPoint file into a new one.

This is the first and very useful troubleshooting method to repair any PPT problems.

Method 2: Open the PPT in safe mode.

Simply Press and hold the CTRL key and double click on the shortcut of the application to open it in the safe mode.

Method 3: Third Party Repair tool:

If all the above mentioned methods fail to fix the corrupted presentation then third party recovery tool would be the last option for you. You can try Remo PowerPoint Repair tool as it successfully recovers deleted slides, master slides and images.

I hope you will find this useful.

Edited by emma02, 21 April 2017 - 04:56 AM.

sam smith

sam smith

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

you can try MS PowerPoint PPTx Recovery Tool, it will help you out to repair your pptx file.