Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

black screen on dell laptop

• Please log in to reply

JTOOLMAN

JTOOLMAN

• Pip
  • 8 posts
can anyone help me my dell inspiron 8500 2.4 processor screen stays black but you here the computer start

Edited by JTOOLMAN, 13 June 2005 - 10:52 PM.

Advertisements

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Dont come on here if you have a Dell. Call there 24 hour a day support, its very good and free. Im sure they can fix this problem for you too.

JTOOLMAN

JTOOLMAN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I HAVE NO SUPPORT IT EXPIRED THANKS ANYWAY DONT COME ON IF YOU DONT KNOW OR DONT WANT TO HELP WISE [bleep]

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
sorry didnt know hey but your having a hardware problem that would require some one too "look" at it , but you never know when "your getting a Dell". lol.

One of the connector on your onboard grafx card could be loose or the screen has simply

Oh yeah go get everest and give the real specs out if you want help! Cause there are multiple versions of the 8500 [bleep].

Edited by scrushmaster, 13 June 2005 - 11:54 PM.

JTOOLMAN

JTOOLMAN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I SEARCHED ON GOOGLE IT IS A COMMON PROBLEM A PIN SWITCH GOT STUCK THAT TURNS OFF THE MONITOR ITS WORKING NOW WHAT IS everest

Edited by JTOOLMAN, 14 June 2005 - 12:03 AM.

E27061

E27061

• Pip
  • 4 posts
while your computer is off try pressing the Fn+power button to activate the PSA diagnostics test and after which when you see colored bats passing through the screen hit N for no to activate the BIST test.do not mind the sound you hear.when both test are visible in your screen,if you have an external monitor,say a desktop monitor,attach it to your laptop and press FN+F8 to activate the monitor and see if the blackscreen is still visible in the external monitor.if black screen is seen in the external monitor it means you have a bad video card and if the image looks fine in the external monitor have your LCD replaced.

hope this helps...^^_