Pretty sure I have malware. I tried to follow the malware removal instructions on this site, but message comes up saying I can't download anything because of security settings. I have a Toshiba PC running Windows 7. Any help will be appreciated.,
PC won't let me download anything [Closed]
Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:27 AM
Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:59 PM
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go.
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.
If you think you have similar problems, please post the appropriate logs in the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum and wait for help.
I'm Dakeyras and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:
- I will start working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
- The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
- If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
- Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
- It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
- Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.
Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.
Please reboot your machine into Safe Mode with Networking, to do so:-
Reboot(restart) your machine and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap the F8 key.
Once the Advanced Boot Menu has loaded:-
Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode with Networking menu item >> depress the Enter/Return key.
Now please check if you can download one of the following versions of Rkill and save to your desktop:-
One, Two,Three, Four or Five
If able to download, reboot your machine back into Normal Mode and then run Rkill:-
- Double click on Rkill.
- A command window will open then disappear upon completion, this is normal.
- Post the log created, found on the desktop rkill.txt. in your next reply.
Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:25 AM
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users