Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can I get rid of win messanger?

• Please log in to reply

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Hi all, is there a way to get rid ow windows messanger?? I have just downloaded the new version, and have got to add remove programs and it isn't there, it is starting everytime i boo the pc up and it just using up ram, I have disabled and deleted the exe with winpatrol, but everytime I do windows spyware beta allows it to start again lol, bloody monopolising windows corp.

thanks woody.

Advertisements

tekkietim

tekkietim

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just set all of the options in the old version to "off".... Dont allow it to start when windows does... dont allow automatic sign in.... etc.
Never a problem

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Yup,

Dead easy to do, goto control panel > Add remove programs > windows components, should be the last on the list. Just remove!

Good Luck

Spike

Guest_matthuffy_*

Guest_matthuffy_*
Press START RUN and enter this:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

you will be asked to restart your computer, DO IT :tazz:

easy hey ;)