Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Disassembled my laptop without good documentation - what to do?

laptop disassembly

• Please log in to reply

mochamajesty

mochamajesty

• Pip
  • 2 posts

HELP!

I am taking a hardware configuration class. The professor gave us old laptops to take home and disassemble.  In my hurry to disassemble the laptop, I did not take notes as I went.  Now, he wants to see our documentation.

The laptop is a Dell Latitude PP01L

What to do? 

How do you document your disassembly?

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

You should do your homework by yourself.. personally i did not help  with homeworks in the forum

mochamajesty

mochamajesty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I actually figured it out. But, it's nice to know that professionals are willing to help each other out. I hope the field is not like this.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,575 posts

You were asked to do the assignment, you admitted that you made a mistake and just quickly took it apart and then you wanted someone else to give you the answer. As a student, you are supposed to do your own work unless it is stated that you can get help from others. The reason is so that you are trained, so don't complain when others won't do your work for you.

Also, if you are getting paid for something, don't expect others to provide free help.