Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Video controller (VGA compatible)

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[COLOR=purple] Ok heres what happend. My hard drive died. which had win 98se on it. Is how my computer came. I got a new harddrive from a friend and we put windows 2000 on it. but now. my screens are blurry cause all I have is 16 bit as my choice for color. thats it. nothing else. I've downloaded EVEREST to try to help me out. But I am not sure what exactly I look for. anyone out there that can help me please do.

btw, in device manager there are yellow question marks next to :

other devices
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Edited by jeffrey, 14 June 2005 - 12:13 AM.

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

I had to reformat my computer tonight, so I know exactly what the issue is. Since you have a new Hard Drive, you lost all of your files, including you drivers. Try installing your Video Card drivers and see if that fixes the issue.

oh, and by the way, you need to add a [/color] at the end of your post to make it purple :tazz:

Edited by Jfcap, 14 June 2005 - 01:03 AM.