Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system often freezes, loses signal [Solved]

very confused

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

It wasn't necessary to click the Control Panel, on clicking the start button the search box is there ... The diagnosis was finished and computer restarted ... no problems found ..... curiouser and curiouser   

Thank you for your time, with the time difference between the UK and Aus I guess it's pretty demanding -

Advertisements

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts

ok then a file system check next - and yes it's curious.

Administrator Command Prompt

• Click Start.
  • In the Start Search box, type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER (Or Right click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator)
  • If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
  • The Administrator command prompt will now display on screen, you can be sure it is the correct one if the prompt says c:\windows\system32>

Type the following line and then press enter.
chkdsk c: /r

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Check Disk completed overnight, and computer restarted ... no messages for any problems were posted when I signed in this morning -

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Everything was going so well when I started the computer 30 mins ago, then it just Black screened and crashed . no signal ...

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts

I am starting to think there may be a hardware/driver issue here rather than malware causing the issue.

Bear with me while I speak to a technician for more advice.

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

I am starting to think there may be a hardware/driver issue here rather than malware causing the issue.

Bear with me while I speak to a technician for more advice.

Thank you very much, I am upgrading to windows 10 on 29th July, and would like a stable and clean system for it. Obliged

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Phillpower2 referred Ricky_22 here with suspected malware, now that he has been given a clean bill of health, please return to the original post to carry on troubleshooting.

http://www.geekstogo...s/#entry2505324 Thanks.

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Okay. thank you very much

Edited by Ricky_22, 09 July 2015 - 12:20 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Your welcome :thumbsup:

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
My personal thanks to ruggie_uk for the temp' cover...

--------------

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Advertisements