Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Strange problem somewhat solved

• Please log in to reply

patmlaw

patmlaw

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I've had a very strange problem since purchasing my computer around Christmastime 2004. I cannot work with some pictures, (bmp., jpg., gif., etc.). I just happen to stumble upon one solution. I tool all my pictures out of My Document folders and put them in another folder on my desktop. It seems My Documents is the problem here, but I don't know why. When I insert a picture from my new folder, all works well. My Documents folder has been locking up the computer for some reason. I still have some problems trying to save pictures, but I work around that sometimes, too. Sometimes I can copy and paste to the new folder, but sometimes it doesn't work. The culprit is My Documents.

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Interesting, I remember reading some time ago about a virus that spread itself about by e-mailing files from peoples My Documents folder to people listed in their address book.
As a lot of people use their name for personal document filenames the e-mail header would often contain someones name and the recipient would assume it was safe to open it.
Perhaps the problem you've been experiencing with e-mailing files from your My Documents folder is the result of a security 'fix' from Microsoft.

patmlaw

patmlaw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes, I think you're right! Thanks for all your imput in trying to help me. :tazz: