Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word 2010 Autosaved .asd files are disappearing

Best Answer emeryarnold , 29 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

You can use Open and Repair feature of MS Office to repair unreadable or corrupt MS Word file, Here are the steps to repair the corrupt Word file To open a specific document by using the Open and R... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

marcoheras

marcoheras

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Word 2010, under File, Options, Save, I have Save AutoRecover information every 1 minute and have Keep the last autosaved version if I close without saving checked.  I have a path in the AutoRecover file location blank.  When I create a new document, and type some text in there, I do see the .asd backup file for my unsaved document.  However, when I close the document and tell it Don't Save, the .asd backup file disappears.  I thought that feature meant that .asd file would remain there so I could pull it up under File, Recent, Recover Unsaved Files after I closed without saving.  I need to get that working, or understand what I'm not understanding about that feature.  Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Natalie Green

Natalie Green

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

I have never came across this kind of situation, I will see if I can find the solution.

emeryarnold

emeryarnold

• Pip
  • 1 posts
✓  Best Answer

You can use Open and Repair feature of MS Office to repair unreadable or corrupt MS Word file, Here are the steps to repair the corrupt Word file To open a specific document by using the Open and Repair feature in Word, follow these steps or if you got severe corruption use http://myitforum.com...r-corrupt-file/

1. Start Word.

2. On the File menu, click Open.

Note In Word 2007 or Word 2010, click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Open.

3. In the Open dialog box, click to select the file that you want to open.

4. Click the down arrow on the Open button, and then click Open and Repair.

franklindover

franklindover

• Pip
  • 2 posts

To repair or recover corrupted or damaged MS Word file, I like to suggest you can use RecoveryFix for Word Repair software. It is an excellent Doc Repair tool and support to Unicode characters as well. That software fully capable of repairing highly corrupt MS Word files and supports all version of MS Word and Windows operating systems. To know more about this software go to http://word.repairdoc.net/

Edited by franklindover, 31 July 2015 - 03:16 AM.