Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
I have no idea why Windows Firewall is enabled - it was previously not! It is now disabled. And McAfee is uninstalled. Thank you.

You are welcome  :)

Please clarify which temps you'd like to see, and from which program? HWMonitor or Speedfan? I see lots of temps, not sure which one to report back.

The requested readings were from the computers own BIOS and not Speedfan or HWMonitor, how to access the BIOS

Please restart your computer and check the temperatures/voltages in the BIOS, no screenshot is required just make a note of the temperatures and the +3.3V, +5V and the +12V and post them with your next reply.

NB: BIOS voltage readings.
The readings are not conclusive in the BIOS as the computer is under the least amount of load, if they are higher or lower than what they should be though it does suggest a PSU problem.

Please provide a new HWMonitor screenshot but this time be sure to expand it to full screen before doing the screen cap.

Have we moved from one problem to a completely unrelated one? from RAM to possible power supply?

You have had no more BSOD which suggests that the Ram may be ok however the system has frozen on more than one occasion and both Speccy and HWMonitor are showing bad PSU readings so yes we are now investigating a possible PSU issue.

FYI: I am heading out of town on 7/9 and unable to work on this computer issue til 8/2. Is there anyway to pick up this topic then? If you have to close this out for whatever reason, no worries, but if we can keep it open, great!

Not a problem and thank you for letting us know  :thumbsup:  we may be able to sort this before you leave but if not send me a PM when you are ready to continue.

CHKDSK repaired master file table errors, these may have been caused by the computer not shutting down properly and will hopefully not cause you any problems. 

Advertisements

az_adobe

az_adobe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

I can't seem to find any temp readings while in BIOS. any further direction on this? 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

As it is a Dell branded motherboard there is every possibility that the readings are not available in the BIOS  :(

Can you do the following for us;

Use the computer to watch a video or do some gaming for around 5/10 minutes.

Run HWMonitor, take a new screencap and attach it to your next reply, please make sure that it is a full/expanded screen cap.

Let us know how the computer has been behaving in general.

az_adobe

az_adobe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

I am now out of town and unable to work on this problem. I will get ahold of you when I return in a few weeks.

Thanks for everything!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

No problem and you are most welcome  :)

Catch up when you return and have a safe journey  :thumbsup: