Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Malicious pop-ups on connecting to internet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Carsten1993

Carsten1993

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello all,

Since a few days, I've been experiencing a lot of pop-ups from Avast in which it says that it blocked several website processes, hosted by svchost.exe.

Often, the names of the sites are "simplesitescan" or "anythiago". It is classified as URL:Mal. The pop-ups occur when I connect to the internet, so it always comes up when I start my PC. Most of the times, I get around 10-12 pop-ups at a time. Here are some quick notes that you might want to know:

• I am using Avast and Malwarebytes Anti-malware as security.
  • I ran both, they detected nothing.
  • The pop-ups mention svchost.exe and Google Chrome in their message.
  • The logs you need are attached to the post.

If you need more information, feel free to ask me. I hope anyone can help me with this, as I am not sure if my PC is secure.

With kind regards,

Carsten de Groot (Netherlands)

Advertisements

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,159 posts

Duplcate post