Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chrome lagging, adds and more

• Please log in to reply

CrazyBat

CrazyBat

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Hi guys, 

so I have a little problem that is confusing me. I never had to use add blockers, my Chrome would run smooth even without them but today I had to install add blocker because my Chrome started lagging and lagging more and more.

This was my last attempt to reduce that lagg and only when I installed uBlock did the lag stop.

So please if someone has any idea, what exactly made my Chrome behave like that all of a sudden because as I said, before adds were no problem.

Not a big issue, but Id appreciate any info to what may be the problem here.

Regards

Bat

Advertisements

Natalie Green

Natalie Green

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

It's beacuse of the ad .

It may be possible that your internet speed is getting slow.

Please be specific in stating the problem.

CrazyBat

CrazyBat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Specific; My Chrome wasnt laging. It run normally. I didnt download anything and my Notebook is clean from malware. But my Chrome started lagging few days ago. Tabs would load and load to open the full page. 

I cleared history and cache, still the same. I used Software removal tool which restored my Chrome to default. Chrome still lagging. Then I installed add blocker and all of the sudden Chrome works great.

So I am wondering why exactly did this happen because before I had no problems with adds and I never had to instal adblocker. Is my flash problem, or graphic card?

Edited by CrazyBat, 01 July 2015 - 06:55 AM.