Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP 2132 Printer prints blank

• Please log in to reply

msbug

msbug

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Installed HP 2132 printer on my laptop. Updated with windows, installed software. Started to print a coupon, paper feeds thru and is blank. Start button is flashing. Clicking on printer icon and it says printing. I uninstalled and re-installed same thing. On first install, 2 coupons printed, then this happened. Tried reinstalling and the blank page comes out. Thanks.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
What about the ink cartridges, can you reseat them perhaps. Does the manual say anything about a flashing start button ?

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

I did reseat them. First a message paper jam comes up and there is no jam. Then the on/off button or resume will flash. When I print a blank page comes out. When I first used it, it printed two coupons from my email and then nothing.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Will it print a self test page as shown here,

http://support.hp.co...ument/c04635815

Or have you already tried that ?

Joe

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

I just tried and it comes up with paper jam or tray problem and I have looked everywhere inside and there is nothing. then it prints a blank page and the off/on button just keeps blinking. Two blank pages came out and then all of a sudden the test page came out. So I went to print a coupon in my email and it does nothing but the on/off button blinking.

Edited by msbug, 03 July 2015 - 02:14 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

paper jam or tray problem

It sounds like you have a possible "mechanical" issue with-in the printer causing the paper jam or tray problem error, something may have got broken or a simple spring or sensor issue, I don't know how to advise on that at the moment.

Joe

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

thanks I believe I am going to return it.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Good idea.