Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

recover factory hp files

• Please log in to reply

sadcross76

sadcross76

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello. My son deleted my windows xp in my c-drive, then he installed a copy of windows vista from a dell disk. Is there anyway of restoring my orginal windows xp to my computer? My computer is a hp pavilion a1310n from 2002.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

sadcross76

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

No, the only way to get XP back is to install it from a XP install CD. You would need the same version as shown on the COA sticker on the computer case.

Is the Vista installation legal, is it activated? If yes then why do you want XP back since it's no longer supported and not receiving any more updates.?

Vista is a decent OS once SP1 and SP2 and all updates have been installed. A bit different than XP I know but very useable.