Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Cloning hdd in safe mode

Can it be done

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am looking for a simple way to clone a hdd that only seems to show up on the monitor when it is in safe mode. I can do it if I could load a program on a flash-drive, and I have the "Blac X" USB Docking Station. The OS is WinXP Pro.

The problem happened suddenly. I noticed my desktop icons had green, almost misty like streaks as if wind was blowing from the left to the right of the screen and causing the icons to lose particles of a greenish color, like the earliest DOS system computers were. (Those didn't have photos or video, it was just green text on the monitor.)

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,139 posts

Hi :welcome:

Most disk imaging software will create a boot rescue disk or USB that can be used to create a backup image with windows off-line, check for example this article AOMEI Backupper Helps to Create Bootable CD or USB Flash Drive related to AOMEI Backupper free.

• Technician
  • 1,568 posts

You can boot a live version of Linux, such as Knoppix, and then use the dd command to copy all of the data from the old drive to a new drive, if that is what you are looking to do.

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

You can Clone hard drive with free backup software, check this post http://www.easeus.co...-hard-drive.htm

Or use easeus disk copy directly, download the free version, it is enough

easeus disk copy http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/