Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Never used to happen before..

• Please log in to reply

Purgatory

Purgatory

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I have a PC game called Morrowind and I've had it for a long time, just recently after updating my display driver every now and then while playing I get this error, and am forced to reboot my computer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Signature

BCCode : ea BCP1 : 817A9020 BCP2 : 82175CC8 BCP3 : 820D0298
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Also had shown me this,

The follow items will be included in this error report.

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER24a1.dir00\Mini061405-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER24a1.dir00\sysdata.xml

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone tell me what this is? and or how I can fix it?

Oh, and when I try to update my display drivers in the device manager, and during the update it shows me this.

The file"ialmnt5.sys" on Intel® Extreme Graphics Windows 2000/XP Installation Disc is needed.

Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.

I've found that file on my computer. 4 of them to be exact, all in the windows directory or system32 directory. When I point the updater to that file, I get another warning from Microsoft that they strongly recommend I stop the installation because it didn't pass some test or something...
I'm stumped, and don't want to be forced to reboot everytime I get this error from playing a game.
-----------

I have a dell resource cd, but the file is not on it, and when I run the disc to install drivers and what not, it tells me that I have a newer version of the display driver and is recommended I keep using the newer version.

Someone.. please help me out here!

Many thanks in advance, you guys are great, helped me out a lot in the past! :tazz:

Edited by Purgatory, 14 June 2005 - 05:08 AM.

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
I found this .
If you have four copies of this file then I'd suspect malware, visit the malware removal forum and someone there will help you get rid of it.
Also you can download a fresh, clean copy of ialmnt5.sys from here.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://support.dell.com/

go to the above, plug in your jtag (the number is on a sticker on the PC's rear), and it will take you to a support page for your PC.

download the latest driver for you video display