Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSODs Several Times per Day

• Please log in to reply

britechguy

britechguy

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Hello All,

I know that this description is going to be in the "overly broad" category, but I will be happy do download and run any utilities that might help to resolve this issue.

Within the last couple of weeks I began to get BSODs with increasing frequency.  At the start it was tending to happen overnight and I'd wake up to find the computer had rebooted and when I logged in I'd get the standard "recovered from an unexpected shutdown" message.  Now they're happening at random and often three to five times per day.

I suspect that this is the result of something recently installed, but Windows Update being what it is I honestly couldn't figure out exactly when or what.  At first I suspected it might be secondary to a beta version of Zimbra Desktop, but the problem persists after having completely uninstalled this program.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Look in C:\Windows\minidump. Zip up the last 10 or so dump files (file extension = .dmp).

Upload the zip file and attach it here so I can take a look at them.

Start a new reply.
Click on the More reply options button.
Click on the Browse button below the message input area.
Navigate to where the zip file is, select it and click on Open.
Click on Attach This File.
Once uploaded, click on Add To Post to the far right of the uploaded file.
Scroll down and click Preview Post to verify the upload is there.

britechguy

britechguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Rich,

Thanks so much.  The eleven most recent dump files are attached.

Attached Files

britechguy

britechguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Rich,

Just had another while working.  I'm attaching the .dmp file (not that I think it will show anything new, but just in case it might help).

Attached Files

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

The first few point to networkx.exe (networkx.sys)

The process known as NetWorx Application (version (64-bit), (32-bit)) or NetWorx belongs to software NetWorx by SoftPerfect Research (www.softperfect.com).

A couple point to chrome.exe which is Google Chrome.

The last one indicates chrome.exe as well.

So, uninstall Networkx and Google Chrome. Switch to a different browser like Firefox or use IE11.

I'm not a fan of Chrome, causes too many problems but some people love it.

If you have to have it,   completely uninstall it then reboot then download and install the latest version and see what happens.

britechguy

britechguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Rich,

I'll try uninstalling Networx (although I love having the little incoming/outgoing traffic indicator in the system tray) and uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome.

Both have been on this system for quite a while and weren't causing problems.  However, I know better than anyone that "shutdown-restart" and "uninstall-reinstall" can often solve a multitude of problems for reasons no one can ever get specific about.

I will report back regarding system stability over the next few days.

I genuinely appreciate your assistance.

britechguy

britechguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Well, it's been a bit more than "several days," but things have been much more stable since uninstalling Networx and doing an uninstall/reinstall of Chrome things settled down entirely.

Thank you again, very much, for your assistance.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

You're welcome. There may be other programs available that do the same thing Networx did.