Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Big problems.. with login and more!

#HELP #Login #

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Since cleaning my computer and removing quite abit of dust, my computer has been failing to load, it is quite a old computer but havnt had any problems with it, anyways..

After i load up and clck on an account i want to log onto (Admin Account) my computer goes black and i can only see the cursor,

at first i thought it was a virus, so as you do.. i go to AVG where that is saying "No components recognised"..

Not much known about my computer so ill lift what i know..

Os - Win7 64bit SP1

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80GHz

RAM - 4.00GB Dual-Channel DDr2 @ 398MHz (5-5-5-18)

Motherboard - IP35 Pro XE (Intel P35-ICH9R) (Socket 775)

Graphics Card - 1024MB AI Raeon 4890 (XFX Pine Group)

Storage - 200GB Sata and 500GB external

My graphics card seems to be crashing my computer at 76 Degrees according to "Speccy" program, if anyone can help me by telling me what i can do to decrease it, i will be very grateful.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,738 posts

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode.

With the computer disconnected from the power outlet, ground yourself on a bare piece of metal on the case or PSU, remove and reseat securely the memory and the video card and ensure that all internal connections to the HDDs etc are securely connected, reassemble and test.

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page.