Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting tablet to BT wifi hotspot

• Please log in to reply

timo4art

timo4art

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a Chromebook in my shop which can connect to a local BT Hotspot all day with no problems.   I borrowed a 7" tablet and could only connect intermittently throughout the day with the tablet loosing connection quite frequently and only picking it up in certain areas of the room.  I want to get a larger tablet, say a 10" Samsung Galaxy pro, and use that in the shop.  Does anyone know if this should obtain a more consistent connection with the Hotspot?  Is there a way of telling if a device is more likely to connect to a Hotspot by checking the specifications of the device?  What component receives the signal?

Advertisements