Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Script Error in Firefox

• Please log in to reply

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

When I am using Firefox and multitasking sometimes I will get a script error. Nothing else will freeze but Firefox will stop responding.

10s9aar.png

That is the error I am getting, if I click stop script it will work again. What is wrong with my Firefox or am I just straining my system. I am using a  Toshiba Satellite L755D-S50204 with Windows 7. I have had it for several years, could it also just be my laptop showing its age?

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Disable all extensions

To determine whether a faulty extension is causing your problem, you can disable all of your installed extensions:

1. Click the menu button  New Fx Menu and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
  2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
  3. Click the name of an extension in the list to select it.
  4. Click Disable to disable the selected extension.
  5. Repeat this for each of the other extensions in the list.
  6. Click Restart Firefox.

After you restart Firefox, all extensions will be disabled. Test for your problem.

If the problem no longer occurs with all extensions disabled, one of your extensions was causing it. To find the extension that was causing your problem, continue as follows:

Test for faulty extensions

To determine which of your disabled extensions was causing your problem, you can re-enable each extension one at a time.

1. Click the menu button  New Fx Menu and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
  2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
  3. Click the name of an extension in the list to select it.
  4. Click Enable to enable the selected extension.
  5. Click Restart Firefox.

After you restart Firefox, test for your problem. If the problem comes back, the extension you just enabled was causing it.

Note: If you have a large number of extensions, it may be quicker to enable more than one extension at a time. The method with the fewest number of restarts required is: Enable half the extensions in this list, then restart Firefox and test for the problem. If the problem reoccurs, you know that the faulty extension is one of the ones you just enabled. If the problem does not occur, you know the faulty extension is one of the disabled ones. Repeat the process until the faulty extension is found.

After you find the extension that was causing your problem, disable or uninstall the faulty extension and re-enable the other extensions in the Add-ons window.