Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows won't load

• Please log in to reply

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

whether you disable the onboard graphics? in BIOS?  :huh:

EDIT: Make sure your graphic card is working good ,the fan in the card is rotating and power connections you did is good!

Edited by Dashing star, 15 July 2015 - 10:42 PM.

Advertisements

dan5978

dan5978

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
A couple more things - I've got EasyTunes, which came with my motherboard software, that I've always used to monitor CPU and GPU temperatures. The "Graphics" tab in EasyTunes, which used to display GPU data, is now greyed out. I ran Prime95 for a few minutes, chose the option that consumed the most power and let it heat my CPU up to over 140 F, and kept it there for a few minutes. My rationale was to load the PSU and see if it held. 140 is almost 20 degrees more than what I see when playing or loading the computer, so I'm assuming it means my PSU is alright.

dan5978

dan5978

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Dashing - I've got no onboard graphics to disable, no jacks for video of any kind at the back of my mobo but, misteriously, if I DO NOT have the correct driver installed I can still have simple graphics, and everything else works great. I cleaned my computer a few weeks ago, with particular care for getting the dust out of CPU and GPU fans. I also obsessively monitor the temperatures of all components with EasyTunes, and they have all been normal, recently. I guess I could open the box, have a look and re-seat it, will do it in a bit, thanks.

D.

Edited by dan5978, 15 July 2015 - 11:31 PM.

dan5978

dan5978

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello again,

I went into BIOS and saw that it had alot of gibberrish in it, random characters all over the place, a lot of the texts garbled. So I flushed the BIOS 3 times - no effect on garbled text or on my video problem. I have re-installed Windows - no change. And my EasyToons is crashing all the time.

I got a working card from a friend, installed it. It worked fine until Windaz found a driver for it,before i even had time to install the one i had downloaded. Problems started after restart - BSODs, and the screen began to look all fuzzy and wrong. But the gibberrish in the BIOS disappeared, at least, it looked healthy. I could not continue using that card, though.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
D.

Edited by dan5978, 26 July 2015 - 03:21 AM.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello again,

I went into BIOS and saw that it had alot of gibberrish in it, random characters all over the place, a lot of the texts garbled. So I flushed the BIOS 3 times - no effect on garbled text or on my video problem. I have re-installed Windows - no change. And my EasyToons is crashing all the time.

I got a working card from a friend, installed it. It worked fine until Windaz found a driver for it,before i even had time to install the one i had downloaded. Problems started after restart - BSODs, and the screen began to look all fuzzy and wrong. But the gibberrish in the BIOS disappeared, at least, it looked healthy. I could not continue using that card, though.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
D.

sorry dan!  :huh:

It has been a long time to get back to you! :(

Try to clear the CMOS and check out with the old graphic card first!

Also check the RAM is good!

dan5978

dan5978

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello,

Clear CMOS - you mean flush the BIOS? Already did it, did not help.
I'll have the g. card tested today, hopefully, then a mem test, then I will buy a new mobo. My model is $125, I checked, the exact model I have, i will not even need to reinstall windaz.

D.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

I meant for CMOS battery just remove it and replace it again!