Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drivers to GTA 5?

• Please log in to reply

Kronomic

Kronomic

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hey, So I've been watching some videos to test FPS on the gpu and cpu that I will be getting.

My cpu: A10-6800K @ 4.1 Ghz

GPU I'm purchasing: XFX R9 270X

So after I've watched some videos, All of these videos have super differences. I have no idea why. Are some people lying about the way it performs?

Also I'd like to ask I've seen there is specific drivers to GTA 5 (Catalyst 15.4) Now a new beta of 15.6. So I was wondering if I should install those and would that help my performance. Also

how much frames am I looking to get on Ultra?T

Thanks

-Kronomic

Advertisements

Kronomic

Kronomic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Why did my topic get moved?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Why did my topic get moved?

Because your questions are concerned with an item of hardware that you are looking to upgrade, The Hardware, Components and Peripherals forum is for when you require help with troubleshooting a computer or hardware that you actually already have.

Kronomic

Kronomic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Ok, And can you help me with this issue? :)

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

So after I've watched some videos, All of these videos have super differences. I have no idea why. Are some people lying about the way it performs?

Some people do troll on sites, just to get others upset or mad.   There can be big differences in performance because of the actual system the game is played on.  When you finish your build, do not use the GPU installation disc.   Go to http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloadand use the Auotmically Detect feature.   This will get you the correct driver for the OS and GPU on your system, just follow he prompts. 

Do not use Beta Drivers, they are experimental, not passed Certification so can cause issues. 

GTA 5 is fairly new, has bad fps drops when driving around the City, as with all games, patches will become available in due course.

If there are "special drivers" I would advice joining a Forum for your game and seek the members input. 

Can't tell you what fps you will get.   You may need to turn down settings to get a good gaming experience. Get back to us when you have done some testing. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Thank you for coming in to answer the questions asked by Kronomic iammykyl  :thumbsup:

Kronomic,

In addition to the above information, there are other factors that will influence the FPS etc that you will achieve, your focus has been on how the A10-6800K @ 4.1 Ghz and an XFX R9 270X will perform together but what about the amount of Ram that you have and the speed that it runs at, do you have a good quality and appropriately powered PSU to support all hardware, if playing online, how good is your internet connection, if playing from a game installed on a storage device, what type of storage device, an SSD or a mechanical type HDD.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Not heard from you for a while Kronomic, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.