Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to SAVE an email attachment on an iPad

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Can someone please suggest what (preferably free) app I can get from the iTunes store that will allow me to save a text attachment (in PDF), so that I can read and edit it off-line, i.e. when not connected to the internet? FWIW, my iPad is an old one (that did not include a camera). Thanks.

Advertisements

Natalie Green

Natalie Green

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

You first need an app on the iPad that supports the attachment type.

When you have an app you should then be able to press and hold the attachment and use the 'open in' pop-up to save the attachment to that app.

Documents 5 is an app that can save files

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Natalie Green: Thanks. Documents 5 sounds like exactly what I need. But, unfortunately, it requires iOS 7 and my iPad has iOS 5 (and, I understand cannot be upgraded). Is there an app like Documents 5 that will run on iOS5? .... batpark