There's one more scan to run called ESET on line scan and it takes a long time, don't wait for it, start the scan when you're done with the computer for the nite and let it run. Post the log later or tomorrow and I'll look at it. ESET will not delete anything and that's what we want for now. I'll look at the log and delete what might be necessary.
ESET Online Scanner
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.
- Please go >>HERE<< then click on:
Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on the icon to install.
All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed make sure you first copy the logfile located at C:\Program Files (x86)\ESET\Esetonlinescanner\log.txt).
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
- Now click on:
(Selecting Uninstall application on close if you so wish)