Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD/CD-RW problems

• Please log in to reply

WhenYaPcBad8)

WhenYaPcBad8)

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My drive is being very weird, I need to know if something is wrong or if I need to update my drive. My device is called TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TS-H493A SCSI CdRom Device. 

Anyways, it can write on CD-RW, (of course)  it can read CD-R and CD-R+, but I got some new disks they are made by Memorex. I have some other disks made by them but that can be read, but the new ones I have cannot be read. When I put the disk in it just blinks green for about 30 seconds and wont detect the CD. 

I'd like some help here, because I've searched everywhere and I can't find a solution. 

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello WhenYaPcBad8)  :welcome: ,

whether it is CD/DVD?

What type of cd's they are? Movies or music?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

If I may chime folks  :)

Has media been burned to the disks or are they still blank.

Are the disks read on any other computer.

I'd like some help here, because I've searched everywhere and I can't find a solution. 

This may seem like an odd answer to your question as it is more an explanation of why the disks perhaps cannot be read by your drive, some drives simply don't recognise a particular brand or a previously used brand but different batch, take a look at the old thread here posts #1 to #7 and the reply of Spyderturbo007 here and you will see that the issue is not uncommon.