Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wifi and Wifi extender.

wireless wifi computer phone

• Please log in to reply

Deadbythinkin

Deadbythinkin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hey! used this forum awhile back and i got  really great response, so here we go again!

Firstly, i'm from denmark so there may be some spelling mistakes and other grammatic mistakes. 

so a week ago i moved from my basement to the top floor, and suddenly my internet didn't work that well. 

me and my girlfriends phones ( an iphone 4 and a sony )  didnt have a good signal and laptops kept getting a yellow triangle so we couldn't use the internet. but the desktopt worked just fine. 

we then discovered we could just disconnect and then reconnect and the signal would work for awhile before it "broke" again. 

then we thought that it could be because the internet didn't reach the top floor as well as the basement, so we bought a wifi extender. a netgear one and now the internet connection to the phones works perfectly and we have an even stronger signal to the desktopt (yay!) 

but now one of the laptops still gets the yellow triangle and i can't figure out why :( 

so thanks for reading this and i hope some of you will have a solution! 

Edit* now the phones is getting trown off too

Edited by Deadbythinkin, 17 July 2015 - 03:39 PM.

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello Deadbythinkin,

hey! used this forum awhile back and i got  really great response, so here we go again!

:D

but now one of the laptops still gets the yellow triangle and i can't figure out why :( 

Ok Lets start :thumbsup: ,

1. Did this laptop got signal before on ground floor?
  2. Did you see any yellow exclamation mark in device manager? Here is how to go to device manager in windows
  3. Did you trouble shoot the network that showing yellow exclamation?

Troubleshoot network connection problems

Applies to Windows Vista/7

To troubleshoot a network connection problem, try these steps first:

• Open Network Diagnostics by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area, and then clicking Diagnose and repair.
  • Make sure that all cables are properly connected.
  • If you're trying to connect to another computer, make sure that computer is on and that you have enabled file and printer sharing on your network. For more information, see Networking home computers running different versions of Windows.
  • If the problem began after you installed new software, check your connection settings to see if they have been changed.

To check connection settings, follow the steps:

• Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47., clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.
  • Right-click the connection, and then click Properties 18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_41..  Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.