Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Using a USB wireless adapter to secretly share WiFi

• Please log in to reply

Jyokr

Jyokr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

My name is Josh. I work in a office where there is no WiFi. I like to use my PC Internet through WiFi adapter in a discreet way. Is that possible ??? I don't care if they monitor internet traffic but I don't want them to find out a WiFi network in their smart phone's. Is there any way I could reduce the WiFi range to my desktop perimeters ?? I was hoping there is a way to reduce the range of WiFi adapter within a meter or so... Is that possible ?? Please help...they are only gave my small paycheck, which is not enough to afford me a data pack for my phone.. So at least I could use some free internet in my phone.

Don't ask me why there is no WiFi.. Pretty sure it's for some "productivity" purposes. It sucks, I know.. Any help advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 633 posts

Hello Jyokr... and :welcome:

Not that I condone what you are asking, but disabling the SSID of your wifi should help.

Jyokr

Jyokr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I got what I needed.. I done it without any help from anyone.. This page was no help for me whatsoever.. Good bye.. And thankx goku for your comment